The city of Ruili in southwest China’s Yunnan Province which borders Myanmar will enter a one-week lockdown after six local COVID-19 cases were reported today. Of the six people, five are Chinese and one is from Myanmar. Three asymptomatic cases were also confirmed today — all of them from Myanmar.
The city will begin COVID-19 testing on its entire population, and everyone is required to stay at home for one week. All businesses will be closed except for supermarkets, pharmacies and food markets. One person from each household can leave home to buy necessities every day, city government said today.
Meanwhile, it will begin cracking down on illegal immigration.
In accordance with relevant national laws and regulations, the Ruili Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters has decided to carry out nucleic acid testing for all urban residents.
1. From 8 o’clock on March 31, 2021, a full-scale nucleic acid test for the new crown pneumonia epidemic of all employees in the urban area will be carried out . The cost of testing shall be borne by the government.
2. All residents in the urban area shall be quarantined at home for one week, and they are not allowed to go out without special reasons. If you need to go out under special circumstances, you can do so only after obtaining the consent of your community.
3. During the home isolation period, all business premises except supermarkets, pharmacies, and farmers’ markets will be closed. The recovery time of various business premises and industries shall be notified separately by the municipal headquarters.
4. During the home isolation period, each household can arrange for one person to go out to purchase daily necessities with the travel certificate issued by the person in charge of the grid. People who go out must strictly do personal protection .
5. Cargo vehicles that need to enter Ruili for the transportation of medical supplies and equipment, daily necessities, agricultural and sideline products, etc., will be released with the State Council’s itinerary or the green code after inspection and temperature measurement at the entry card point.
6. Severely crack down on illegally crossing the borders of the country (frontier) and organizers and hosts. Residents must consciously fulfill their legal obligations and cooperate to support the new coronary pneumonia nucleic acid testing work. Those who refuse to implement the inspection work decision, interfere with or hinder inspection work, shall be held accountable in accordance with the law
. 7. Those who left Ruili after 0:00 on March 14, 2021 must take the initiative to report to the local community and do nucleic acid testing.
Ruili City New Crown Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention and Control Work Headquarters