Read Time:1 Minute, 51 Second
- On the morning of May 30, the 2020 Hefei “Chuanneng Petrochemical Cup” Badminton Mixed Doubles Open, the first sports event of Hefei after COVID-19, was held in Hefei Gymnasium in Anhui Province.
- The Hefei Epidemic Prevention and Control Emergency Command previously issued a notice that the orderly resumption of indoor and outdoor sports training of various types at all levels (including morning and evening exercises and amateur training in sports events) and sports activities with less than 500 people (included) starts from May 19.
- “We firstly announce a notice and then report to the competent authority before we hold the event. The number of contestants, referees and staff totals about 450. Although there are a lot of applicants, we strictly control the number below 500,” said Zhang Feng, director of Hefei National Fitness Center.
- According to Zhang Feng, to better implement epidemic prevention and control measures, the event organizer makes preparations from many aspects, for example, formulating epidemic prevention and control plans in advance and making emergency plans; dividing an independent area in the competition site for entrants to scan Anhui “Health Code”; arranging the contestants to go directly to the stands after taking temperature tests, sit separately and keep a distance with each other according to the prompt board; during the competition, the referee would inform the contestants to enter the site for competition through radio, while other contestants would wait in the stands.
- “Since the epidemic outbreak, I have waited for the competition for a long time. When I heard that the competition resumed, I quickly registered,” said Contestant Song Hu, “I think today’s competition is well organized. I feel quite safe with measures such as body temperature tests and waiting in different areas.”
- “We follow such fundamental principles as stability, safety and order,” said Zhang Feng. After the orderly resumption of offline sports training and activities in Hefei, the enthusiasm of the public for fitness runs high with the great market demand emerging. Soon afterwards, under the premise of safety, various activities and events will be gradually organized to meet the needs of the society.(Translated by Ding Yunyun and proofread by Zhang Nan)