On December 11, the Feidong County Dog Management Leading Group Office issued a notice on Further strengthening civilized dog management.
Violations of laws and regulations and uncivilized dog-raising behaviors are prominent livelihood issues that have received strong responses from the general public. In order to further strengthen the management of civilized dog breeding in the county, ensure the health and personal safety of citizens, and maintain the city’s appearance, environmental sanitation and social public order, in accordance with the “Regulations on the Management of Dog Raising of Hefei City”, the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
[wpdiscuz-feedback id=”tsbt3zjt0o” question=”Any thoughts on this?” opened=”1″][/wpdiscuz-feedback]
1. Dog raising implements a compulsory immunization and registration system. Without immunization and registration, no unit or individual may raise dogs.
Those who fail to register for dog keeping shall be ordered to make corrections within a time limit; if they fail to do so , the public security organ shall impose a fine of not less than 1,000 yuan but not more than 5,000 yuan, and an individual shall be fined not less than 500 yuan but not more than 1,000 yuan.
Those who fail to implement compulsory immunization for dogs and refuse to make corrections shall be fined not less than 200 yuan but not more than 1,000 yuan by the agricultural and rural departments.
2. There is a limit of one dog per household in key management areas.
If the number of dogs raised exceeds the limit, they shall be ordered to make corrections within a time limit, and if they fail to make corrections within the time limit, the public security organ shall impose a fine of not less than 500 yuan but not more than 1,000 yuan per dog.
Those who keep prohibited dogs shall be ordered to make corrections within a time limit. If they fail to make corrections within the time limit, the prohibited dogs shall be confiscated by the public security organs, and a fine of not less than 1,000 yuan but not more than 5,000 yuan shall be imposed on each dog.
3. Those who fail to go through the procedures for renewal of dog keeping registration shall be ordered to make corrections within a time limit; if they fail to make corrections within the time limit, the public security organs shall impose a fine of not less than 100 yuan but not more than 500 yuan, and the unit shall impose a fine of not less than 1,000 yuan but not more than 2,000 yuan. .
4. It is forbidden to bring dogs on public transportation and public places such as hospitals, schools, government agencies, organizations, and office areas of enterprises and institutions, as well as indoor and outdoor public places with a no-entry signs. Assistance dogs such as guide and working dogs are excluded.
Those who violate the provisions of the preceding rule shall be ordered to make corrections by the city administrative department, and if they refuse to do so, a fine of not less than 50 yuan but not more than 100 yuan shall be imposed.
5. The general public shall raise dogs in accordance with the law, in a civilized manner, and regulate dog raising.
When carrying dogs in key management areas, they should be led with a leash. The length of the leash must not exceed 1.5 meters; the dog’s excrement should be cleaned up immediately. Violation of the foregoing regulations shall be ordered by the city management department to make corrections and a fine of not less than 50 yuan but not more than 200 yuan shall be imposed.
6. The dog owner shall perform the duty of custody, and if the dog causes harm to others or affect public safety, the custodian shall bear legal responsibility in accordance with the law.
7. Public security organs shall impose penalties on violations of public security management such as obstructing the execution of duties in accordance with the law, spreading rumors and causing disturbances; if a crime is constituted, criminal responsibility shall be investigated in accordance with the law.
Dog registration, certification, immunization, and the types of dogs prohibited in this city can be independently declared and inquired by downloading the “Dog Guardian” APP on your mobile phone.
Citizens who discover illegal dog-raising, uncivilized dog-raising, and stray dog activities can promptly report to the relevant departments. The telephone number of the report:
County Dog Management Office (County Public Security Bureau) report consultation telephone: 66270213;
The county and city administration bureau report consultation telephone: 12319;
County Agriculture and Rural Bureau report consultation telephone: 67705990.